Hello my marvelous readers! Welcome to my blog, I hope you’re all having an amazing Sunday! Today I’ll be sharing with you a post that was already uploaded, but I thought it was so lame and needed more quality content. So here I am, uploading the old content to make it better. I hope you guys enjoy it, let’s get started.
Fashion is an amazing way of expression. You can find a lot of inspiration on Pinterest, fashion magazines, YouTube and some other social media platforms like Instagram. The best thing about fashion is that you can find your own style just by combining different items to make a bomb outfit.
The key to make a bomb outfit depends on the accessories, hairstyle, makeup and the color combination. By arranging everything together you can make simple pieces look much better. There are certain items that can help popping certain areas of your body, and there’s also a symmetry hack that can make you look more put together. This mostly depends on the type of body that you have, if you don’t know the type of body you have, you can check this video by the amazing Erin Elizabeth.
Starting with hair:
- Ponytails are a basic hairstyle that everyone can do. When you want to look more professional or formal just do a ponytail. It will frame your face and you’ll look put together.
- Buns and messy buns can be used for a more relaxed look. If you don’t feel like putting a lot of effort on your hair one day. You can just do a basic updo and you’ll still look good. I used to style my hair like this a lot on high school, but I still do when I have a lot of college assignments.
- Half up – Half down, personally I love this one. You can leave some baby hairs on the front so you don’t look so slick and your face looks a little bit framed. You can also make a half bun up-down and it will look more professional and put together.
- If you want to be more extra. Do a double bun hairstyle and leave the half of your hair lose. This would be extra cute and also you’re not gonna have hair all over your face.
- For a more sporty look you can pull off some boxer braids or simple braids. They will be really attaching all your hair and you’ll be able to do some exercise or just look cute and sporty.
- Braids and updos, you can do a front braid and attached it with a ponytail or a half updo hairstyle. This hairstyles are mostly used when you want to have a romantic vibe outfit.
- Straight hair, curly hair or wavy hair, this one might take more time if you don’t have that specific type of hair, but at the end the time spent will be worthy. Make sure you use a protective mask before you straight or curl your hair. We don’t want to damage it. There are lots of products that can help you with that, but if you don’t know any, you can use the Tec Italy “Silk System Shine”. I’ve been using this product for almost 6 years and it’s a life saviour.
I’m not an expert on this topic, but what I know is that in order to have a good makeup look, you need to have a good skin care routine. Everyone has a different type of skin, so make sure that you’re using the correct products on your face. I actually don’t use makeup, but if you into it, you can totally rock it! I tried to find some external post to link, but I couldn’t find a good one. So, the only tip my mom always says is to try a matching lip color with some accessory, this can make some good contrast and your whole outfit will look amazing. On the other hand, there are lots of Youtubers that share tips about this, I asked on my Twitter account which were their favorite ones an this is what they said, so I’ll link them below!
Basic pieces are your best friends, there are 12 pieces that I think you must include in your wardrobe. Sometimes you gotta invest on good quality clothing because this items will save you every single day.
- Black t-shirt
- White t-shirt
- Grey t-shirt
- Pair of jeans
- Leather Jacket
- Black Jeans
- White Blouse
- Black Dress
- Pair of Leggings
- Winter Jacket
Despite, there are lots of other pieces like colorful clothes, that can make an outfit more popping or trendier. Those ones can help to make an outfit look formal or casual. It usually all depends on the kind of aesthetic that you’re going with. I know that budgets sometimes limit us when we’re buying clothing items, so try to find affordable but still good quality items. Forever 21 or H&M have pretty affordable items and some of them look really good.
- Jewelry: Such as collars, rings, headbands, bracelets and watches.
- Scarves: It usually depends on the season. In winter you can use some cozy and big scarves and in spring you can use a light material silk scarf so you don’t get so warmed up.
- Belts: Usually purchase a black or brownish one. They can make your waist look slimmer and your legs look longer.
- Phone Cases: You may think this is not relevant on an outfit. But I’ve seen some women that match their phone case to their wardrobe aesthetic and it really can make an outfit look better. Mostly if you want to take some fashionable pics!
- Glasses: Sometimes we need glasses to see. So when you’re buying your glasses think on the frame they have and the color. Think if your glasses will combine with every single piece you have on your wardrobe, or at least the most of it. For example, black and blue framed glasses combine with everything, but if you like colorful frames, try to visualize if those will fit with your clothing aesthetic.
I’ve seen a lot of posts, but mostly none of them include shoes. Which I actually think are also a very important part of an outfit. I’ve been struggling to find a good pair of heels because of the size of my feet, too little to wear heels lol. So I need a lot of time to find a good pair of heels that actually fit and don’t put me in danger. I personally think that the staples shoes are:
- White sneakers
- Black Boots
- Sporty Sneakers
- High heels, thin heel
- High heels, width heel
- Rain Boots
- Flat Shoes
- High Knee Boots
Then how are we going to incorporate all of this on our daily routine? I know sometimes we don’t have enough time to put together a complete outfit. That’s why you’ll need to figure out first your style to start combining new items. If you haven’t found your style I recommend you to:
- Open or Create a Pinterest Account
- Make a board related to outfits only
- During one week save all the outfits you like the most
- At the end of the week, check which are the most similar outfits you’ve saved, this is going to help you realize which items you enjoy to see the most on an outfit, he colors and some accessories that all those outfits included.
- If you think this takes a lot of time, take a quiz on buzzfeed. Check this one if you want to know the palette of your clothing and this one if you want to know your style.
When you know which kind of style you have you can start combining clothing items, accessories, shoes, etc. Discover new ways of combining the things that you already have. Don’t try to buy a bunch different things if you’re not even sure if they are going to fit well with the wardrobe you already have. Spice up things, let your friends decide an outfit for you, or try a look you’ve never tried before. I know that dressing up takes a lot of time and sometimes it gets frustrating, but try to find the fun part of it. For exmaple:
If you are rocking a sporty outfit don’t use formal jewelry, instead use something more colorful and comfortable. Use bracelets that have some color and have enough attachment to your body so you don’t lose them. Headbands can make your hair look good and also you’re not going to have baby hairs all over your face. Find a headband that matches with your clothing. If you want to go more extra try a sporty watch, don’t use a fancy one because you can make a harsh movement and bye watch. Instead of using big earrings that can make harm to you ear holes because of the impact you’re having while working out. Use little earrings or don’t use them at all.
On the other hand, if you want a more classy look use some gold or silver jewelry. Use longer earrings or several big rings. If you’re staying home but you still want to look put together, you can pull off a messy bun and a cardigan with a basic t-shirt and some leggings. You don’t need a lot of accessories that can get in your way while doing chores.
If you want a more formal look. Find a dress that shows want you want to show. Pair it with some earrings and collars that go with the neck cut of the dress. Use some pointed heels and some bracelets that go with the dress color. If you opted for a suit you can pair it with some long earrings and a neck collar. Put your hair on a ponytail and instead of using a normal hair tie go extra and use a hair gold wide tie. It can make a huge difference.
Color combination depends a lot on what you like and what you don’t. If you’re more into neutrals, try using some gold accessories or a colorful piece that can make you look less neutral. If you enjoy dressing with a lot of color then try to combine correctly the color, don’t over use just one shade. If you are going with colorful items then use 2 or 3 of them and wear something that can contrast your main color.
I hope this was helpful or at least that you find some inspiration to pull off your outfits out there on the world! I’m really sorry because I didn’t included guys fashion, but I promise I’ll do some research and give you some tips as well. Sorry for making this so long, but I really wanted to include some good info. Also if you need some inspiration check my Pinterest Fashion Board. If you like you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Subscribe to my blog, it would be extremely helpful for me. Thanks a lot for reading and I hope to see you guys in my next post!
Let me know which is your style on the comments below! I would love to know! And the item that you like the most.